The aging process of our skin is in a way or another, a delicate subject to many of us. While we are more than conscious that at some point we’re going to be getting those visible lines on our faces, it’s still uncomfortable to watch it happening to us. Our skin becomes thinner, drier, and it loses its youthful fullness.
While we can’t fully stop this process from happening, there is something we can do to slow it down. Our environment and lifestyle choices are the main factors why our skin can age prematurely. The medical term for this process is called “extrinsic aging”. If you want to know more about how to prevent or slow down these effects, we made a list of 11 ways to add to your lifestyle.
- Protect your skin from sunlight – Sun protection is absolutely essential. So when you pack your bag to go outside, don’t forget to add a broad-spectrum sunscreen, at least SPF 30, sunglasses with UV protection(if you don’t where from, try these ones), and a wide-brimmed hat.
- Choose using self-tanner than getting a tan – The thing is, every time you get a tan, your skin is aging prematurely. So instead of letting that happen, why don’t you try out this amazing Self Tanner?
- Stop smoking – Smoking is not only bad for your overall health but also speeds up how quickly skin ages.
- Avoid repetitive facial expressions – If you have a repetitive gesture that you’re doing very often, your underlying muscles will contract for a longer time. This means that you can end up with some lines that might be permanent.
- Eat healthy and choose a balanced diet – Researchers say that eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables may help prevent premature skin aging.
- Less alcohol – Drinking alcohol can damage the skin, increasing the rhythm of aging. If you don’t know with what you can replace that bottle of beer after work, try out some ginger beer with no alcohol.
- Exercise – Studies are suggesting moderate exercising to improve circulation and boost the immune system, in order to gain skin that has a more youthful experience
- Cleanse your skin carefully – If you don’t know how to gently scrub your skin, it might affect you. An irritated skin accelerates skin aging, so learning how to wash your face can really make the difference. If you want to be sure your skin is fully nourished, try out this organic scrub for your face.
- Wash your face at least 2 times a day – It is recommended to wash your face after wearing a mask or a hat because the sweat can irritate it.
- Have a facial moisturizer with you – A good moisturizing cream traps the water in your skin, and gives you a more youthful appearance.
- Avoid those skin products that burn or sting – If your skin burns or stings, it means it is irritated, so try using only friendly products for your face.
If you enjoyed reading this article, we also recommend you: 7 Common Habits That Are Aging You