Search
Close this search box.
Search
Close this search box.

Do You Think White Rice Is Healthy For You?

The most used form of rice is the white one. After the brown rice is polished, we obtain the white rice. The white rice contains 90% carbohydrates and the rest of 10% are 8% protein and 2% fat. The brown rice it’s not processed and contains bran, the nutrient-rich part of  this type of rice. Compared to the white rice, the brown one contains a lower percentage of carbohydrates, but, on the other hand has more fat.

Healthy to eat or not?

 

 

Before we discuss which one is healthier, we need to know the differences between the white and brown rice.

  • The germ and the bran are removed from the white rice, while the brown rice has the bran and the germ. The bran can lead to many difficult symptoms, because the amount of polyunsaturated fatty acid is oxidized easily.
  • The dietary fibers are contained in the brown rice. In this case, brown rice is healthier for those who haven’t enough fiber in their diets. So, if you eat fiber, don’t add brown rice, because it will lead to abdominal cramps, bloating and intestinal gas.
  • Also, brown rice contains anti-nutrients, which are substances that restrain the absorption of nutrients and, in the end they remove nutrients from tissues and muscles.
  • The main anti-nutrient that we remove by soaking brown rice is phytic acid. Some studies coclude that phytic acid remains in the bran after soaking the brown rice.

As you know by now, if you eat in small quantities, you don’t have to worry about it. We all heard some health-activists who telled you that starch is unhealthy for your body, but this isn’t true. Humans depend on it for their basic nutrition. In conclusion, brown rice contains dietary fiber, so, as long as you have enough fiber, don’t eat brown rice, the white one it’s better for you. Yes! For the reasons mentioned above, white rice is healthier to eat!

Facebook
Twitter
WhatsApp
Pinterest
Reddit
LinkedIn
Facebook
Twitter
WhatsApp

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

READ NEXT

Natural Remedies for Hair Growth

If you want to improve your hair, you should stay consistent. Your hair is said to be your crowning glory, and it’s normal to want to improve your hair if

8 Antioxidant-Rich Foods to Supercharge Your Diet

Many of us take the bait at the word “antioxidant,” buying health and beauty products without knowing exactly how these mysterious compounds actually benefit us. Let’s clear that up: “Antioxidants

6 Common Foods That Can Cause Headaches

Headaches can be more complicated than most people realize. Different kinds can have their own set of symptoms, happen for unique reasons, and need different treatments. Once you know the

Facts About Thyroid Cancer You Should Know

You probably don’t give much thought to your thyroid, but the small butterfly-shaped gland in your neck—normally measuring between 4 and 6 centimeters or 1.5 to 2.5 inches wide—has a

These Are the Health Benefits of Meditation

Over-thinking leads to negative thoughts and meditation can help your mind to focus and redirect those thoughts. Many people use meditation to reduce stress and develop concentration. This practice has

6 Types of Psychotic Disorders

Psychotic disorders are a group of mental health conditions that change your sense of reality. They make it hard to know what’s real and what isn’t. When you have these

5 Best Exercises for People With Diabetes

Exercising regularly when you live with type 2 diabetes is essential because it can help you manage your blood sugar levels and weight. Doing exercises can also help you minimize

Scroll to Top