What kind of errors you should look for?
You should look for errors or information that’s out-of-date. These errors can influence how your provider diagnoses and treats you. Also, look for mistakes that can affect your bill.
Read your personal information:
• Name, address, and phone number
• Health insurance plan provider
• Identification numbers, like your patient identification number or social security number
• Emergency contact names, addresses, and phone numbers
Read your health information, including:
• Doctor’s appointment notes
• Health or medical history
Read your medical bills:
Check your medical bills to make sure you’re being billed for services you have received. Compare the information in your health record with:
• The reports your health insurance plan sends you
• The bills from your doctor or other health care providers